Applications for Digital Twins
A digital representation of:
• me that can interact with others for simpler tasks like scheduling, making reservations or routine purchases.
• my health data. Makes all data available at once to health care providers. Receives test results and updates and adds them to the current representation of my health data
• my financial data – balances, history, credit score, payments due, etc.
• my values and preferences that would guide me while travelling, shopping, purchasing or deciding what to do or where to go. It would guide me (via voice, wearable or AR) to the action or choice which best fit my values and preferences.
• my goals and desired outcomes. It would recognize decision points and guide me to the choice that gives me my best desired outcome.
• my current physical state.
• my current biochemistry
• my genome
• my microbiome – a digital representation of the DNA of all my microbial symbionts
• a model correlating recent objective and subjective changes in my health with changes in my microbiome, physical attributes and biochemistry
• Tell me (or directly contact my healthcare provider) when one of my health metrics falls outside of acceptable bounds.
− Combine this with nano-sensors for real-time internal monitoring of physical characteristics. This could include chemical attributes as well as common vital signs.
Device/Machine Representation for maintenance and sustenance
• A digital representation of the current state of a device or machine – current physical characteristics (temperature, location, vibration, etc.)
• A detailed history of all operations of the device/machine
• Planned or needed events – supplies replacements, maintenance needed, upgrades, etc.
• A pseudo-intelligence avatar of the device for interfacing with it.
Device/Machine Representation for Marketing and Business Opportunities
• A digital representation of all usage, sales, selections on the device or machine
– Can be used to analyze and classify the most desired features or products
– Can identify offerings/features to discontinue and new offerings or products to pursue.
– Can be mined for product improvements and/or new product or feature development.
Comparison of performance and characteristics across a fleet or collection of identical or similar devices